Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let's (meaning me) do this!

My goals for 2008:

1. Write for at least 2 hours a day. It's a modest, but realistic, start. The fact is, there's always time. Even with a husband, a dog, an endless supply of books, a sewing fetish and a full-time night job that I cannot stand.
2. Finish my NaNoWriMo novel that I wrote two years ago. I've been thinking about this story since high school, and it's time to finish it. Plus, I have to take out all the extra words I put in to reach 50,000 words in a month.
3. Launch my Web site. Anyone with any idea on how to do that would be my superhero.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Check out writersdigest.com's best writer website for inspiration.

Naf said...

Thanks, Sharon. And thanks for starting this blog. It might supply the kind of peer pressure I need. :)

Ally (Allena Tapia) said...

Naf- try this. This is the AMATEUR way to do a website for free , I admit, but it worked for me (so far).

Use MS Publisher. Generally, if you know WORD, which most writers do, than you can use publisher.

Once you have your site saved, use a simple "host" (ie the people that park your website) such as GoDaddy.com. They are semi-affordable. Remember, you can write it off!

Also, they are easy and walk you through the upload process.

If I could do it, I think anyone can.

Naf said...

Thanks, Ally! I'll give it a shot.